I got on the Metra train in the windy city, Chicago.I was on my way to an appointment.
Going there, I didn't know how to work the machine. I had tried 2 times before the train came. I told the conductor, who reasonably didn't charge me an extra fee for not getting my ticket ahead of time. Going home, I didn't have a specific train to catch.
I was going to catch any train that I could since I normally don't catch the train, and was just doing so to go to an appointment downtown. Well, when I got in the station they announced a train was coming in 1 minute, and that was a train that I could catch. So, even though I didn't buy my ticket ahead of time, I figured the conductor would be lenient and wave the fee since I didn't have time to buy my ticket. Well, this man not only charged me an extra $2.75 which made my ticket total to $7.75, but he told me, "Next time get here on time." I admit that even though I'm an adult, I'm still a cry baby.
So, I cried profusely when I got home; although I wanted to cry when I was on the train. I'm on a fixed income, and let's put it this way, I could have used that $2.75. I still love my fellow man, and people in general, but there is no rule that states that if the train is coming you must miss the train, and buy your ticket. What sense does that make?
What suppose that's the last train you can catch?
People need to be reasonable--this man in particular.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Train Tickets
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I reserved a flight, within 12 hours, I had to cancel and could not get ahold of anyone. I emailed and got a response telling me I had to call..."
- "My son and I went to NY on the lakeshore limited #48, on the way the dining car staff was rude and used profanity in front of my son! we..."
- "I have commuted between Aurora and Chicago for many years and each year the schedules get more out of whack, the service declines and the delays become more frequent. Not..."
- "Ordered hair form Guangzhou Modern show Hair Products Co.,Ltd company off Aliexpress.com, This company sold me Malaysian Virgin Hair Curly 16,18,20,22. The hair was fine for a weekend then it..."
- "Angie's list received a complaint about my company, and I filled out the "conflict resolution" paperwork "agreeing" to meet the members demands. -Angie's list was supposed to remove the review. -Angie's list..."
- "Ours is 2 years old and lumpy!!! I wrote to Simmons and sent pictures--never heard back. What recourse do we have? Over $1000 spent!..."
- "First the positive (which is why it's got a star at all): The company (when it shows up) is EXTREMELY fast, efficient and hard working. They know their stuff and..."
- "Wow, this site is breaking all the rules that exist to protect our privacy. 2 listings were available for my name, as I have lived in two different townships. One..."
- " Today 10/25/2016 we went into the Chili's in Arroyo Grande California and waited for 15 to 20 minutes to be seated we were never acknowledged or never approached. ..."