Metra - Charged an Extra $2.75

85 of 106 Metra reviews

I got on the Metra train in the windy city, Chicago.I was on my way to an appointment.

Going there, I didn't know how to work the machine. I had tried 2 times before the train came. I told the conductor, who reasonably didn't charge me an extra fee for not getting my ticket ahead of time. Going home, I didn't have a specific train to catch.

I was going to catch any train that I could since I normally don't catch the train, and was just doing so to go to an appointment downtown. Well, when I got in the station they announced a train was coming in 1 minute, and that was a train that I could catch. So, even though I didn't buy my ticket ahead of time, I figured the conductor would be lenient and wave the fee since I didn't have time to buy my ticket. Well, this man not only charged me an extra $2.75 which made my ticket total to $7.75, but he told me, "Next time get here on time." I admit that even though I'm an adult, I'm still a cry baby.

So, I cried profusely when I got home; although I wanted to cry when I was on the train. I'm on a fixed income, and let's put it this way, I could have used that $2.75. I still love my fellow man, and people in general, but there is no rule that states that if the train is coming you must miss the train, and buy your ticket. What sense does that make?

What suppose that's the last train you can catch?

People need to be reasonable--this man in particular.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Monetary loss:
Product or service
Train Tickets
Review category
Transport
review #496102 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Metra? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 2 No 2
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
85 of 106 Metra reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Metra Suxaz

Dec 20, 2014 #918678 Chicago, Illinois, United States

These *** are awipes. The way around the extra fees is to learn which stations do not have metra employees selling tickets. It's just a little white lie and they do not need to steal from hardworking Americans. If you get on at downtown Chicago and they come to check your ticket at or after the next stop which is Clybourn, just tell them you got on at Clybourn, no ticket booth at that station and then they don't charge you the extra didn't buy ticket fee. Hope this helps people who get screwed over by these metra fux.

1 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.