I got on the Metra train in the windy city, Chicago.I was on my way to an appointment.
Going there, I didn't know how to work the machine. I had tried 2 times before the train came. I told the conductor, who reasonably didn't charge me an extra fee for not getting my ticket ahead of time. Going home, I didn't have a specific train to catch.
I was going to catch any train that I could since I normally don't catch the train, and was just doing so to go to an appointment downtown. Well, when I got in the station they announced a train was coming in 1 minute, and that was a train that I could catch. So, even though I didn't buy my ticket ahead of time, I figured the conductor would be lenient and wave the fee since I didn't have time to buy my ticket. Well, this man not only charged me an extra $2.75 which made my ticket total to $7.75, but he told me, "Next time get here on time." I admit that even though I'm an adult, I'm still a cry baby.
So, I cried profusely when I got home; although I wanted to cry when I was on the train. I'm on a fixed income, and let's put it this way, I could have used that $2.75. I still love my fellow man, and people in general, but there is no rule that states that if the train is coming you must miss the train, and buy your ticket. What sense does that make?
What suppose that's the last train you can catch?
People need to be reasonable--this man in particular.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Train Tickets
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I was seated in first class (5B) and started to feel like I could not breathe and my eyes were watering, then I looked over to see the passenger in..."
- "Good day turckish airlines! I have very very very very complain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I flue from San Fransisko- to Istambul- Kiev and I lost 2 bags !!!!only in 1 week, means today I finilly..."
- "At the time of this writing China Eastern's website + customer service are hopelessly broken. Broken, as in impossible to use to perform even the most basic tasks, in almost..."
- "3 PC. Living room set has been constantly peeling and falling apart set is less than 2 years old purchased in November of 2013 called salesman 5 months ago got..."
- "Afer my experience, I beleive that purchasing a phone from Cell2get.com is a gamble. It took me 78 days to receive the correct model and new phone I purchased. I..."
- "Today I sent my 3 nieces who were visiting me for the weekend to my neighborhood family dollars witch is located on 87th Racine to be returned without any items..."
- "Im an insurance agent of 20 years due to anti-money laundering laws i'm required to take training on what to look out for and i'm sure these bank tellers take..."
- "My TV was having issues connecting to the internet and also had a large white spot on it. I even sent in pictures and they agreed there was an issue...."
- "I was with my mother, grandmother, and grandfather in the disabled line, my grandmother is lame and incontinent and my grandfather can't walk down slopes. The line for people with..."