I got on the Metra train in the windy city, Chicago.I was on my way to an appointment.
Going there, I didn't know how to work the machine. I had tried 2 times before the train came. I told the conductor, who reasonably didn't charge me an extra fee for not getting my ticket ahead of time. Going home, I didn't have a specific train to catch.
I was going to catch any train that I could since I normally don't catch the train, and was just doing so to go to an appointment downtown. Well, when I got in the station they announced a train was coming in 1 minute, and that was a train that I could catch. So, even though I didn't buy my ticket ahead of time, I figured the conductor would be lenient and wave the fee since I didn't have time to buy my ticket. Well, this man not only charged me an extra $2.75 which made my ticket total to $7.75, but he told me, "Next time get here on time." I admit that even though I'm an adult, I'm still a cry baby.
So, I cried profusely when I got home; although I wanted to cry when I was on the train. I'm on a fixed income, and let's put it this way, I could have used that $2.75. I still love my fellow man, and people in general, but there is no rule that states that if the train is coming you must miss the train, and buy your ticket. What sense does that make?
What suppose that's the last train you can catch?
People need to be reasonable--this man in particular.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Train Tickets
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Could'nt make the registration because i had an critical appointment that i had to attend for my child on the same day. She needed her mental medication and special counseling..."
- "I contacted USA Coach to obtain a bus from DeBary to Jacksonville and back for the Notre Dame/Navy game. Game time was unknown. Trip was booked. When exact game was..."
- "...On reaching the counter, I was told the flight was overbooked and I won't be allowed to board the flight..."
- "My parents took my son to get a hair cut at the Smart Style within the Walmart in Beeville, Texas. The haircut he received was very crooked and looked like..."
- "the watch has a bad movement and send it back for repair, called several times to know about the status of the watch, every time I was told a different..."
- "So I have worked for the company for a few years now at a few different chains in a few different states. Each time transferring easily to my current postion..."
- "Hello Dear Reader, I came across this site while a claim that I partial filed was pending. I was so busy at the time (and now)...."
- "I was given a Bodum Classic Carafe by my brother at Christmas. I have taken very good care of it and enjoyed making tea with something my brother gave..."
- "I purchased a pair of Oakley Chamfer 2 eyeglass frames for $107.35 and sent them to 39dollarglasses.com to have lenses fitted and installed. I placed the lens order for $54.90..."