Chicago, Illinois

I have commuted between Aurora and Chicago for many years and each year the schedules get more out of whack, the service declines and the delays become more frequent.Not sure if this is because Metra/BNSF neglected the infrastructure while giving ever-increasing salaries, or it is a product of more stations, too many folks, antiquated equipment or bad maintenance.

There is not a week that goes by without a delay of one kind of another. My commute has gone from 42 minutes to nearly an hour (and that is if the train is on time, which it rarely is) and the price has risen substantially yet service has drastically declined. Last night, we had one of the infamous "switch delays" that created a madhouse in Union Station. Those who have been charged with creating order don't have a clue.

Folks pushing, shoving....no one outside to direct folks. Trains were boarding but folks could not get to their trains. Those who came in through the central hall and waited 30-40 minutes were then told they needed to go to the Great Hall, which had no room. The lady from Amtrak tried to advise them this was the case.

The 'high paid executives' need to actually ride these trains! Those who are not doing their jobs need to be fired.

Perhaps the whole system needs to be rebuilt.I have never experienced such a horribly run operation...not with the Chicago CTA, not with trains in other US cities or with trains in other countries.

Review about: Metra Train Service.

I didn't like: Utter lack of meaningful communication related to delays, That the trains break down too much, Company does not take responsibility for its mistakes.

Level of Comfort
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Metra Train Service
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Metra?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion