I have commuted between Aurora and Chicago for many years and each year the schedules get more out of whack, the service declines and the delays become more frequent.Not sure if this is because Metra/BNSF neglected the infrastructure while giving ever-increasing salaries, or it is a product of more stations, too many folks, antiquated equipment or bad maintenance.
There is not a week that goes by without a delay of one kind of another. My commute has gone from 42 minutes to nearly an hour (and that is if the train is on time, which it rarely is) and the price has risen substantially yet service has drastically declined. Last night, we had one of the infamous "switch delays" that created a madhouse in Union Station. Those who have been charged with creating order don't have a clue.
Folks pushing, shoving....no one outside to direct folks. Trains were boarding but folks could not get to their trains. Those who came in through the central hall and waited 30-40 minutes were then told they needed to go to the Great Hall, which had no room. The lady from Amtrak tried to advise them this was the case.
The 'high paid executives' need to actually ride these trains! Those who are not doing their jobs need to be fired.
Perhaps the whole system needs to be rebuilt.I have never experienced such a horribly run operation...not with the Chicago CTA, not with trains in other US cities or with trains in other countries.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Level of Comfort|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Utter lack of meaningful communication related to delays
- That the trains break down too much
- Company does not take responsibility for its mistakes
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Had four recent us airways flights all four had bacterial growth in toilets,absolutley filthy ,attendants told me it had been ther for four years. I forwarded photos to presidents office,..."
- "We try to be as careful as possible as all the time, we pay every poll possible, but there is no way we can see every poll, you flashed you..."
- "Allegiant employees are surly and dyspeptic on a good day (only one reason they'll never get my business again)--but the video below is beyond the pale. A typically over-reactive employee,..."
- " Hi to who it may concern on the 20th January I brought a nice and easy hair= dye did as instructed on box to do hair stran test even..."
- "since October I've have had 5 people to see the water damage from the dish. attached are pictures and all have agreed the damage from the dish. the frustration is..."
- "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THE COMPANY THEY HAVE THE WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT IS OUT THERE. THEY GET YOUR MONEY AND THEN TURN A CHEEK TO YOU...."
- "On April 12, 2010, after raising the concrete in our driveway, CRC Concrete left most of their "slurry" on our grass. This company is accredited with BBB and they..."
- "I had a terrible experience with the store number 5156 on 1/22/6 i sent my daughter to buy two italian bmt and the price is 5.50 for each sandwich and..."
- "Good afternoon, my name is Oxana Donahoe. I want to share the horrible experience about clinic visit Aspen Dental to the address: 1401 North Veterans Parkway, Bloomington, IL 61704. We..."