I have commuted between Aurora and Chicago for many years and each year the schedules get more out of whack, the service declines and the delays become more frequent.Not sure if this is because Metra/BNSF neglected the infrastructure while giving ever-increasing salaries, or it is a product of more stations, too many folks, antiquated equipment or bad maintenance.
There is not a week that goes by without a delay of one kind of another. My commute has gone from 42 minutes to nearly an hour (and that is if the train is on time, which it rarely is) and the price has risen substantially yet service has drastically declined. Last night, we had one of the infamous "switch delays" that created a madhouse in Union Station. Those who have been charged with creating order don't have a clue.
Folks pushing, shoving....no one outside to direct folks. Trains were boarding but folks could not get to their trains. Those who came in through the central hall and waited 30-40 minutes were then told they needed to go to the Great Hall, which had no room. The lady from Amtrak tried to advise them this was the case.
The 'high paid executives' need to actually ride these trains! Those who are not doing their jobs need to be fired.
Perhaps the whole system needs to be rebuilt.I have never experienced such a horribly run operation...not with the Chicago CTA, not with trains in other US cities or with trains in other countries.
More Review Details
|Level of Comfort|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Utter lack of meaningful communication related to delays
- That the trains break down too much
- Company does not take responsibility for its mistakes
You May Also Like
- "Not a very good first time experience, left Orlando Flordia on a Friday night was heading to las vegas,nv. We were going threw Texas when some one rear ended the..."
- "I got on the Metra train in the windy city, Chicago. I was on my way to an appointment. Going there, I didn't know how to work the..."
- "My American Airlines mishaps... On Friday afternoon on August 29 @ 5:00pm, my sister dropped me off at the Mobile Alabama airport for a 6:45 flight with American Airlines (Eagle). Regarding..."
- "The typical U.S. consumer is not the smartest person on the planet; with average IQs that barely suffice in typical high schools, the average Joe is inevitably forced to indulge..."
- "The market place put me in a plan With$500 deductible and $2000 out of pocket with Blue Cross and Blue shield. Then when I received the letter it was a..."
- "I bought a ESF sofa through a furniture store. After reviewing the specs and documentation on ESF's catalog and site I purchased a sofa. I paid a bit more for..."
- "I have just had the worst set of nails put on in the viera FL location. The male nail tech did not do anything I asked to fix them and..."
- "I ordered a beautiful arrangement with a stand and a banner, I paid $108.92. What I received was wilted flowers, no banner and then when I called to complain, Avas..."
- "I stopped in for my regular 3000 mile oil change and of course they did the usually upsale. Normally I try to do one additional thing each time, this time..."